Stuffed Turkey Roll

A place to share turkey recipes.

Stuffed Turkey Roll

Postby crsm27 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:25 am

Found this recipe on the Bradley smoker website.

Once I bag my tom i might have to give it a try..... Hopefully I can replace the regular mushrooms with morels!!!

← Previous Next →
Stuffed Turkey Roll

Ingredients
• 1 kg (2 lb) boneless turkey breast
• 500 ml (2 c) sliced fresh mushrooms
• 3 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
• 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
• salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
• 2 slices bread, cubed
• 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced

Preparation
Butterfly the turkey breast and pound with a mallet. Sauté mushrooms, onions, carrot and celery in the butter. Add the seasonings and lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix together bread, tomatoes and sautéed vegetables. Spread over the ‘butterflied’ meat. Rub skin with additional lemon juice.

Smoking Method
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C to 100°C (190°F to 220°F). Place turkey roll on an oiled rack in the upper half of the Bradley Smoker. Smoke cook using Special Blend flavor bisquettes for 5 to 6 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 70°C (160°F). Cooking times will vary depending on wind and weather conditions.

To Serve
Stuffed Turkey Roll makes a great buffet or picnic item since guests can help themselves to slices!
crsm27

Re: Stuffed Turkey Roll

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That Bradley smoker reminds me of that goof ball Craig on the Flyway Highway. He is the biggest :geek: :ugeek: in all of waterfowl television!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Great Idea I do something similar with Pork Loin.. I cut it real thin and work around in a circle filleting the pork loin until it is flat.. Pound with a tenderizer to flatten some more.. Than I take and spread a ground sausage either breakfast or my favorite Chorizo coating the entire thing. Than I sautee mushrooms and onions and place them on the sausage.. Than proceed to roll up like a pin wheel.. Coat with your favorite rub and than take cheap bacon and wrap it around covering the entire thing.. Than I take backers twine and ensure it stays rolled up.. Between the sausage and the Bacon it is the most moist pork loin you will ever eat.. I could see the bacon helping on a skinned turkey breast as well.

Place on smoker at 225-250 for about 3 hours.. Suprsingly if you like BACON you will love twice smoked bacon :lol:
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't really carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them. It's a shame."- Denny Gulvas
ICDEDTURKES

Postby BigAL64 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Both of these recipes sound delicious!!

Sorry to got off topic on my last post. it's just that ole Craig cracks me up!
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby crsm27 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Al no worries..... that guy is funny.
crsm27

Postby BertoMurray » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Wow! That recipe sounds very good. I'll go hunting next weekend to prepare the stuffed turkey roll next week. Thank you!
BertoMurray

Return to Turkey Recipes & Tips for Cooking