Ground Blind Repair

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

Ground Blind Repair

Postby ptownhunter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 pm

I have an Ameristep hub style blind that decided to take a trip across the county in the wind. Luckily it didn't break any of the poles but it did cause a few tears in the canvas (or whatever it is made of). It has one tear on the corner and some other ones here and there...

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions (besides duct tape :thumbsup: ) to repairing these holes or reinforcing the corners and what not. Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
ptownhunter

Re: Ground Blind Repair

Postby Timberghost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I've used zip ties to repair ground blinds quite a bit.
Team I wish we had a contest this year!
Timberghost

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 pm

how about iron on patches?
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby ptownhunter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

What kind of iron on patches? Not caught up on my sewing and ironing :rof: . I like the zip tie idea though! Do you zip tie the canvas together or just use it on the poles and such? Thanks for the advice guys. Keep it coming!
ptownhunter

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 pm

ptownhunter wrote:What kind of iron on patches? Not caught up on my sewing and ironing :rof: . I like the zip tie idea though! Do you zip tie the canvas together or just use it on the poles and such? Thanks for the advice guys. Keep it coming!

Like the kind our moms use to iron on the holes in our pants back when it wasn't cool to have holes in them. You know, back when if you had holes in your pants you were poor!! Now days people pay hundreds of dollars for pants we would have thrown away!! :eyeroll: :fingerhead: :lol: :rof:

I think you should be able to get them at walmart. you put the patch over the hole on the inside of the fabric and then run a hot iron over it and the patch sticks to the fabric.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby Limb Hanger » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 am

I’m not familiar with the fabric used on the Ameristep blind… You may want to be careful with the amount of heat used on the blind material, a synthetic may melt. The manufacturer may have some suggestions. The corners on my DB Dark horse were deteriorating and ended up sending the blind in for repair, the cost was $30 Dollars.
Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Limb Hanger

Postby DocHolladay » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Limb Hanger wrote: The corners on my DB Dark horse were deteriorating and ended up sending the blind in for repair, the cost was $30 Dollars.

Thats why I like a Double Bull blind!! It can be repaired and parts replaced when they break. :banger: :banger:

It took me 5 or 6 Ameristeps to figure that out..lol.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby RachelJulien » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:06 pm

Dental floss is a good option and then cover it with duct tape. "If you can't fix it with duct tape, it can't be fixed!".Hunting Gear Discussion - Hunting blind repair - I have a large tear in the top of my blind where a limb fell.
RachelJulien

Return to Ground Blinds Forum