Team"Tag Soup" '13

Official place to discuss, and run THC Turkey Contests.

Re: Team"Tag Soup" '13

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:44 pm

mekillini wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:Sorry Gobblin. You got stuck on a team of geriatric hunters that the turkeys felt sorry for last year. They didn't think guys that old could still shoulder a gun let alone shoot one. Word is out now!! The turkeys are going to stay out 30 yards from them this season and with there poor old eyesight they won't even know there is a turkey around! :umm: :umm: :smash: :smash: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Probably a little bit of truth to that BigAL. Last years bird, my partner whispers "you see em"?...not yet..."you see em now'?...nope...damn dude he's right in front of you....BOOM....I see him now! LOL

Good luck to all. As cold as it is here and the Blackhawks dominating the ice, it's hard to think spring is coming. March has been our winter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was just funnin with you guys!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rof: :rof:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby gobblin870 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm

So never did any measurments for the contest on the osceola. The game check station at the wma did all the meauserments and weight for my bird and after getting back to the house I relized I didnt bring a tape and scale with me to do one for this contest. O well I got some easterns ill post up on here. Sorry team.
gobblin870

Postby livingthedream » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Its pretty quiet on here. Anyone on the team doing any hunting? Or is everyone like me, just waiting for season?
As dangerous as a fire in a nursing home!

livingthedream

Postby gobblin870 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 pm

You nailed it. 2 weeks left to go.
gobblin870

Postby take'em 21 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 am

Are season starts Saturday and there is an estimated 2000 birds where we hunt. So it could be a god year :).
take'em 21

Postby livingthedream » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 am

Take'em I got faith in ya. I think you had a pretty good year last year if I remember correctly. I am just waiting and counting and hoping and waiting.

livingthedream

Postby Ms Turkey Hunter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm

well guys,I'm hunting and I do mean hunting,this is fast turning into the worst season for me in 10 years.
The season here is 3 weeks old with about 4 to go and I have only worked 3 birds,not real sure you could call one of them "worked".
I don't know what is going on, but I am trying.
it's not the harvest....it's the chase
Ms Turkey Hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Hang in the MS..... stay one em :thumbsup: This waiting is killin me :fingerhead: Had the truck loaded for 1 1/2 weeks :banghead:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Chasin Feathers....the sporting life!
Share your passion,take a kid hunting!
Waterfowl USA
NWTF
cut_un
Super Moderator

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 am

Ms Turkey Hunter wrote:well guys,I'm hunting and I do mean hunting,this is fast turning into the worst season for me in 10 years.
The season here is 3 weeks old with about 4 to go and I have only worked 3 birds,not real sure you could call one of them "worked".
I don't know what is going on, but I am trying.

My buddy down there heard 1 bird gobble in the first two weeks hunting everyday.. That sucks
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't really carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them. It's a shame."- Denny Gulvas
ICDEDTURKES

Postby livingthedream » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 am

I think this year will be a late season type of year. It was 28 degrees here this morning. Probably hunting hard in May this year for me.

livingthedream

PreviousNext

Return to THC Turkey Contests