Poll of sorts

Official place to discuss, and run THC Turkey Contests.

Re: Poll of sorts

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:09 pm

swampcrawler wrote:I'm counting on app. ass. to kill 2 big gobblers and me sleeping in and letting wingshooter kill both his birds to carry my butt.I know dsm is good for 3 or 4 birds so that should take all the pressure off me .Unlike last year where carolina and i had to carry our team because 870 was forced into working the whole season and well we all heard Als excuses .I'm going to take it easy and try and smoke a 25lb multiple bearded 1 1/2 spurred bird as a anchor. :rof: If not i'll settle for a 20lb bird. :thumbsup:

:lame:

You will settle for a 15 lb bird cause you can't keep your finger off the trigger!! :lol:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby dsm16428 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:40 pm

BigAL64 wrote:
swampcrawler wrote:I'm counting on app. ass. to kill 2 big gobblers and me sleeping in and letting wingshooter kill both his birds to carry my butt.I know dsm is good for 3 or 4 birds so that should take all the pressure off me .Unlike last year where carolina and i had to carry our team because 870 was forced into working the whole season and well we all heard Als excuses .I'm going to take it easy and try and smoke a 25lb multiple bearded 1 1/2 spurred bird as a anchor. :rof: If not i'll settle for a 20lb bird. :thumbsup:

:lame:

You will settle for a 15 lb bird cause you can't keep your finger off the trigger!! :lol:

Well I can only shoot two here in PA so I guess I'll have to make em a couple doozies!! :banger: If I get another bird like I did last years I'm gonna go play the power ball that day!! :rof:
Big Al's "Take-em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

No matter what you do in the turkey woods, if you sit down wrong...you've already been beaten.

Putting out "light bulbs" since 1984.
dsm16428
Forum Moderator

Postby swampcrawler » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Last 15lb bird i shot was the very first bird i killed.I try not to shoot jakes unless they keep coming back in after i let them walk 2 or 3 times.Then i shoot them because they don't need to be in the gene pool.Someone should of saved us all the head aches and done that to Al years ago. :umm: :umm: :umm: :rof: :rof: :rof: :smash: :groovin: :groovin: :groovin: .Now Al you know i don't mean that i wouldn't of had near the fun here on thc without you. :thumbsup:
swampcrawler

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 pm

swampcrawler wrote:Last 15lb bird i shot was the very first bird i killed.I try not to shoot jakes unless they keep coming back in after i let them walk 2 or 3 times.Then i shoot them because they don't need to be in the gene pool.Someone should of saved us all the head aches and done that to Al years ago. :umm: :umm: :umm: :rof: :rof: :rof: :smash: :groovin: :groovin: :groovin: .Now Al you know i don't mean that i wouldn't of had near the fun here on thc without you. :thumbsup:

They wanted to but couldn't because I am such a lovable guy!!! :yes: :lol:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby AppalachianAssassin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:21 pm

well, ill be seriously dissappointed if i dont kill 4 longbeards. i just hope there not all 2 year olds.
lord knows we dont deserve it. but he gives it to us anyway, every spring.
AppalachianAssassin

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 am

AppalachianAssassin wrote:well, ill be seriously dissappointed if i dont kill 4 longbeards. i just hope there not all 2 year olds.

It is hard to tell when they are walking around how old they are,I called one in a few years ago that weighed in at 18 lbs but had spurs that were 1 3/8 inches long.He was wore out.So you can't go by body size either.If anyone has a sure fire way to judge a turkeys age in woods with undergrowth please let me know .I KNOW THAT IN FIELDS YOU CAN GLASS BIRDS,but in the woods you don't have that luxury of time and distance
swampcrawler

Postby AppalachianAssassin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 am

even if i could accurately judge their age while they was walking around. i still dont think i could let a 2 year old walk.
lord knows we dont deserve it. but he gives it to us anyway, every spring.
AppalachianAssassin

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm

If hes got a paintbrush that's dragging on the ground he'll soon follow it down :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :uhha: :uhha:
swampcrawler

Previous

Return to THC Turkey Contests