Colorado Hunt this year?

Discuss Merriam's Turkey hunting tactics here.

Colorado Hunt this year?

Postby kerks28 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey guys (and girls), new to the forum although I have been posting on DuckHunting for awhile. I am also somewhat new to Colorado Merriam hunting. I took a Rio last year in GMU 102, but no luck on the public land for Merriams yet. I have only been out 2 years here though.

Just wondering if anyone wants to head west of Denver (Where I'm based) to scout/hunt this season at all. I am also down to go south if that seems better. I have looked at about 10 SWAs and some more public land besides and I have seen some birds on private land while getting there, but not much on public. I am also down to go knock on some doors around GMU 102 again as I know the area and there are plenty of Rios, just need permission. If you are interested or want to help a new guy, send me an email to skerkmans (at) gmai l (dot) com.

PS: Generally I hunt with a 12GA but getting better with the bow.

Scott
kerks28

Re: Colorado Hunt this year?

Postby quiksilvern7 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

hey, where are you located west of denver? I been in a few spots in Pikes NF and havent seen many birds this year or last. I will be up near Spinney/Tarryall camping and checking parts of Pikes NF in that part. know anything about that area?Any luck this year?

-Nick
quiksilvern7

Re: Colorado Hunt this year?

Postby kerks28 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

Sorry this reply took so long. Just found this forum again and plan on getting involved again. Didn't see too much this year. I just bought some land near the area you are referring to, so I am sure I will be getting down there more. Didn't see anything in Pikes this year despite a couple trips. Went down south GMU 85 as well. Saw some hens. Otherwise not much. Did you have any luck?
kerks28

Return to Merriam's Turkey