THERE HERE!!!!

Discuss Eastern Turkey hunting tactics here.

THERE HERE!!!!

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Last night I was out in the driveway talking on the phone and I laughed loud and I swore I heard a gobble. I got the goose calls out and tried to get it to gobble again but it wouldn't. BUT this morning they sure were. I heard at least three gobbling there heads off. They are right on time. They usually show up right before youth season which is this weekend. And stay through the end of May.This is the first morning I have heard them and I have been going out on my deck and listening for over a week.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Re: THERE HERE!!!!

Postby John McGrath » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Lucky, I've been striking out left and right trying to scout.
John McGrath

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Keep trying. you will; get on them eventually. There patterns change as breeding kicks in. They will be in one area one day and in another the next. Like the field I was watching last week that had the strutter's in it. Nothing the last two mornings. That field is about 2 miles down the road from my house. For all I know they may have moved up to my place. I know that usually by the season there is between 5 and 15 toms on my place.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby The Confederate » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 am

Nothing on my farm yet. But a couple of gobbles on a farm I just got permission to hunt.
The Confederate

Postby John McGrath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 am

BigAL64 wrote:Keep trying. you will; get on them eventually. There patterns change as breeding kicks in. They will be in one area one day and in another the next. Like the field I was watching last week that had the strutter's in it. Nothing the last two mornings. That field is about 2 miles down the road from my house. For all I know they may have moved up to my place. I know that usually by the season there is between 5 and 15 toms on my place.

Persistance is something I have plenty of. I won't rest until I can get my hands on them. It's slightly raining today so maybe once I get off of work here in a couple hours we'll load up the family and go for a drive.
John McGrath

Postby therhino » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 am

I've only seen the one gobbler crossing the road up here so far, but my wife said she saw three hens (she thinks they were hens) in a field on the way to the beach last weekend. Again, turkeys in a no-hunt zone. :evil:
therhino

Postby BigAL64 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

John McGrath wrote:
BigAL64 wrote:Keep trying. you will; get on them eventually. There patterns change as breeding kicks in. They will be in one area one day and in another the next. Like the field I was watching last week that had the strutter's in it. Nothing the last two mornings. That field is about 2 miles down the road from my house. For all I know they may have moved up to my place. I know that usually by the season there is between 5 and 15 toms on my place.

Persistance is something I have plenty of. I won't rest until I can get my hands on them. It's slightly raining today so maybe once I get off of work here in a couple hours we'll load up the family and go for a drive.

Rainy days are a great time to get out and drive the fields looking. When it rains turkeys don't like to be in the woods because they can't here or see predators as well so they move into the fields where they can see trouble coming making them more visible to us.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Return to Eastern Turkey