Dangerous waves for Boat makes me think water safety.

For those who like to take quality pictures and video.

Re: Dangerous waves for Boat makes me think water safety.

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Always good advise.
You can't kill em sittin on the couch
carolinagreenhead
Site Admin

Postby BigAL64 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 pm

We lost a duck hunter last season on the Mississippi. He was in a 16 ft. Jon with no life vest and the waves were 4 ft. when his boat took on water he panicked and tried to swim to the island instead of staying with the boat.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby oklongbeard » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 am

Im one of those guys that can drive just about anything in just about any situation, including boats, but in conditions like that i draw the line. Unless for some reason i have to make it home cause of a storm or the wind picked up mid-day, but NOTHING is ever worth loosing your life over nor putting someone else's life in danger. This past week we had sustained winds in the upper 30's and gusting up to 45-50, yes i was out on the lake but boy thats the limits, if i were in my duck boat i would have easily capsized, i didn't get too worried. However, whenever we went out in my buddy's ski boat (I'm pretty much the official boat driver for every boat i get in lol) i did get nervous because we started out in a protected cove and when i got outside of that cove the wind must have been in the 40's because there were 3-4 foot waves. I had to get the boat turned and just hammered down hoping that we would stay on plane over those suckers........ You see in my mind its fun, its an adventure, but whenever other people like myself, my buddy, and his girl friend, well thats when i want to make sure people are safe. Used to my buddy and i would always be testing the waters....... but now we can't, cause i have to make sure he always comes back to his girl friend in one piece......... Where is the fun in that!>?!?!?!?!?!? O well.....

The purpose of my little rant is know your skill level for the boat you are driving. Even on some days experienced boat drivers don't need to go out. There should never be compromise for a fish, a day on the water, or whatever for safety. And never never mix alcohol and boating, i have seen too many fatalities and injuries on the water from it.

Other than that "Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!!!"

Yes, I did just say that, and yes i am from oklahoma........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
oklongbeard

Postby DocHolladay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 pm

The driver needs to have the kill switch hooked up in a boat also. I didnt see this mentioned and it is as important as a PFD.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 am

DocHolladay wrote:The driver needs to have the kill switch hooked up in a boat also. I didnt see this mentioned and it is as important as a PFD.

I agree! I know a guy that fell out of the boat and the boat started going in circles and the prop took a chunk out of his skull and his arm. It hit him twice. It is a mircle he is alive!
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Return to Photography/Video