Anyone tried em?

For those who like to take quality pictures and video.

Anyone tried em?

Postby cut_un » Wed May 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Wondering if any of ya that are into filming your hunts tried the glasses video cameras? Seems like a good idea but ....does it hamper your shooting? I wear glasses already so don't know how that would work either. Then their is the quality issue????? Is it a thumbs up...or down on em?
Big Al's "Take-Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Chasin Feathers....the sporting life!
Share your passion,take a kid hunting!
Waterfowl USA
NWTF
cut_un
Super Moderator

Re: Anyone tried em?

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed May 09, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't know anything about those. I have a GoPro that I started using. Great quality but no zoom.
You can't kill em sittin on the couch
carolinagreenhead
Site Admin

Postby DocHolladay » Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

I hunted with a pair once. They did good, but the quality wasnt there. I will say that you have to remember to turn them on and hit record. The ones I used turned back off after 30sec of not recording to help save the battery. There is a camera that clips on your hat and you can angle it to see what you see, where the glasses dont.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby deadeye762 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:26 pm

I have them and used them this season. I filmed some great shot of up close hens and a great harvest of a 26 # bird by my brother in law, ill try to get the videos up so you can see.

I dont wear glasses and was worried about glare so i just removed the lenses and just wear the frames. I have the ikam extreme camo ones.

The one thing to watch is the sun and where you setup, if you are half in the sun and shade you will have problems. also if you are behind lots of shrubbs/branches it doesnt do well either. This is because its a fixed focus lense, so it will focus what is closest. But ill tell you this much, for being 100 bucks, its worth having some kind of footage rather than relying on your brain for those awesome hunts.
deadeye762

Postby deadeye762 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPBvzqpTf_U

I dont know why i cant get it to embed, so here is the link to my first video.
deadeye762

Return to Photography/Video