Rifles for turkeys

Discuss other turkey hunting gear here.

Re: Rifles for turkeys

Postby livingthedream » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Ethics is always funny especially when it comes to hunting. I personally think if you can make a clean kill and not violate the law then I am ok with it. We have too many stupid hunting laws as it is and to try to limit any one from hunting their perfered way is counter productive to us as hunters. So to anyone who is hunting with a rifle this fall, please post pics!!! :thumbsup:
As dangerous as a fire in a nursing home!

livingthedream

Postby oklongbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Lets all be real men and go after them with throwing stars.......... :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger:
oklongbeard

Postby BigAL64 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

oklongbeard wrote:Lets all be real men and go after them with throwing stars.......... :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger:

You laugh but I have killed several rabbits and one squirrel with throwing stars!
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby oklongbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 pm

BigAL64 wrote:
oklongbeard wrote:Lets all be real men and go after them with throwing stars.......... :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger: :banger:

You laugh but I have killed several rabbits and one squirrel with throwing stars!

I was being serious................

Now for some real firepower lets go after those suckers with a 50 Beowulf..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana:
oklongbeard

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Wht dare I ask is 50 Beowulf? :?: :?: :headscratch:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby oklongbeard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Google it.....

Then youtube it......

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :umm: :umm:
oklongbeard

Postby livingthedream » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 am

Can we add that to the contest for next year. Most unique item used to a kill a turkey! :rof:
As dangerous as a fire in a nursing home!

livingthedream

Postby BigAL64 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:28 pm

livingthedream wrote:Can we add that to the contest for next year. Most unique item used to a kill a turkey! :rof:

Sounds good!! :thumbsup:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:46 pm

livingthedream wrote:Ethics is always funny especially when it comes to hunting. I personally think if you can make a clean kill and not violate the law then I am ok with it. We have too many stupid hunting laws as it is and to try to limit any one from hunting their perfered way is counter productive to us as hunters. So to anyone who is hunting with a rifle this fall, please post pics!!! :thumbsup:

I do not buy the "if its legal its ethical" argument.. Feeders in Texas, roost shooting in Missouri, long range rifles out west are all legal, but I do not deem them ethical. I would never walk up to a friend and congratulate them on a well earned harvest with the above techniques.

Even the wave of new products and gadgets strutting decoys, blinds, trail cams have greatly reduced the ability and knowledge needed to be successful or consistently successful.. We have taken a sport in which their was a huge knowledge/ability gap between the folks who could consistently get it done and those that could not, and shrunk it with new gadgets and gizmos. It has gotten to the point I do not put emphasis on exactly how many turkeys a hunter kills, but instead the manner in which lead to their success..

Modern marketing in the form of the outdoor channels and internet has taken a once great sport and turned it the way society has gone in a "instant success at all costs" "get rich quick mentality" :eyeroll: Either know the number of turkey licenses sold continues to climb, the number of "turkey hunters" continues to decline.

Off soapbox
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't really carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them. It's a shame."- Denny Gulvas
ICDEDTURKES

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I believe you may have somthing there ICDED!!
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

PreviousNext

Return to Other Gear