What is The best blind for bowhuntin Gobblers

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

Re: What is The best blind for bowhuntin Gobblers

Postby Thunderbolt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I've used the Killerzone xt turrent the last 2 seasons and I've killed a pair of gobblers and 2 deer,its an awesome blind and very spacie for us bowhunters and a surpriseing price and it comes in a ghost like Camo,check it out awesome blind and plenty of windows and compartment inside.Check it out on utube.
Thunderbolt

Postby wcw280 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Well I ordered the dark horse today. You all better be right! haha
wcw280

Postby Nick Roehl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 pm

wcw280 wrote:Well I ordered the dark horse today. You all better be right! haha

You're gonna love it man! The Double Bull chair is worth the money too. It is the perfect height for the blind. I throw a couple camo pads on it and you can sit all day if you wanted.
"Did you feel that? You're with the Deanzie now."
Nick Roehl

Postby DocHolladay » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 pm

The more you use it, the more you'll like it. If I could figure out a way my backpack will ride right, on the walk in, during deer season, I wouldn't climb a tree. The case is awesome for carrying a chair and shotgun/rifle. A bow will ride too, but I like carrying mine. I also carry my camera tripod too.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby wcw280 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 pm

So how hard is it to kill a deer out of one of these blinds? And for turkeys and deer do you brush the blind in or just set it up in a good place and hop in it?
wcw280

Postby Nick Roehl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:28 pm

wcw280 wrote:So how hard is it to kill a deer out of one of these blinds? And for turkeys and deer do you brush the blind in or just set it up in a good place and hop in it?

If you put yourself in the right area it's not difficult. If you can brush the blind in that's always better. There's plenty of room in the blind to move around to get a shot for deer or turkey with a rifle or bow. The inside of the DB is black so I wear a black shirt, black facemask, gloves, and hat. This way the can't catch any movement.
Nick Roehl

Postby DocHolladay » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Black is the ticket for blind hunting. The guys on tv wear camo, but that is because of sponsorships.
DocHolladay

Postby wcw280 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you. It will be here monday and I cant wait! I have heard they can be a pain to put up because they are so tight. anyone having this poblem?
wcw280

Postby DocHolladay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 pm

There is a trick to it that I havent mastered yet. It takes about 30 sec that way, but I am struggling with stupid. I fold the corners down and stand it up, pop out the centers and top and you are good to go.

This is about as simple as it gets for setting up and I flippin cant get it!!! :evil: :evil: I will re-evaluate how I do it compared to this video and see how it plays out. I swear that I have been doing it like that..... Well the video didnt work.

Go here and look for "pop up style blind set-up".
DocHolladay

Postby Nick Roehl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 pm

I do it like the video shows. You take 2 corners and put one side up. Then you stack the other legs one over the top of the other with the roof hub on top. Push the roof hub up first and pop the rest in place. The only problem I have had is that the material seems really tight. My door zipper has a tear in it because when I try to close it it's very tight. So I have just been closing it half way.
Nick Roehl

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Blinds Forum