darn wind

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

darn wind

Postby 2eagles » Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 am

Wind isn't the friend of a turkey hunter. Sometimes it's just smarter to stay in the cabin.
My friend's brother was bow hunting turkeys in a ground blind down in a little valley to stay out of the wind. It was blowing so hard that once in a while a side of the Double Bull blind would cave in. Well, he's got this gobbler coming in to his decoy that's set up in a mowed field along a timbered finger. He's getting ready to shoot, bow pulled back.............. A darn gust of wind hits the blind so hard, it lifts the blind right over his head and blows the blind into the timber. :banghead:
Do I need to add the bird didn't stay around long enough to hear the @%$##^&#'s coming from Rod's mouth?
from one scarred hand to the other
2eagles

Re: darn wind

Postby JP_hntnfsh » Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 am

Been in that situation before...I learned the hard way. I know now that tent stakes are cheap an easy to use and in real windy situations the strings that attach tot he outside of the blind are a god send to keep the side from collapsing in. I guess we all have to learn one way or another... :D

JP
JP_hntnfsh

Re: darn wind

Postby Timberghost » Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 pm

If your talking about last saturday I understand his frustration wth the wind. I had a big trap shoot that day and a couple of the microphones got blown over, not to mention almost myself :shock: It was crazy but my squad still managed to get 3rd in the mornng and first in the afternoon.
Team I wish we had a contest this year!
Timberghost

Return to Ground Blinds Forum