Ground blind purchase!

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

Re: Ground blind purchase!

Postby Nick Roehl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:59 pm

I have a Double Bull Darkhorse and I use the Double Bull chairs as well. It's a great combo, blind sets up fast, and the chairs are comfortable for long sits. I also bought some extra camo pads to put on the chairs for extra comfort.
"Did you feel that? You're with the Deanzie now."
Nick Roehl

Postby Duckp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:48 am

Hard to argue with the Dark Horse or Crusher for quality but look around,you can buy them cheap some places at times-often with free shipping as well.Try Natchez Shooters supply(Dark horse for about $209);Rogers Sporting Goods;Sportsmens Guide etc.Those type places are almost always cheaper than the 'Bow' online shops or Cabelas.
If on a budget or you want multiple stands out at the same time,there are many cheaper alternatives that often have the same 'hub' systems;black interiors,more than adequate shooting windows etc. and are very reliable.Some Trekkers,the Matrix(predator camo is superior to anything out there without it IMO);Baronett;or lesser priced Primos models like the Ground Swat or Ground Max(predator camo again).At the right time and place,you can buy 2 of these for one Dark Horse etc.
As to chairs,the Double Bull types are good for portability but even padded are like sitting on half a toilet seat after an hour or two.Consider the bigger folding 'camping' chairs with arms and sit all day in comfort-like your favorite TV chair.You can buy those cheaper than the DBs almost anywhere. :D

Here's an example although I have no personal experience with these.Look good for $99 with hub system etc though.
http://www.killzonehunting.com/hunting- ... lzone.html
Duckp

Postby jbshunter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 am

I have the killzone as mentioned above. I have used it for 3 years now with now problems. I had 2 adults and 3 kids in mine on youth day this year with no problems. I just purchased the 3 legged fold up chairs from BP for $10ea and have worked just fine. The chairs fit right into the bag with the blind and I pack it all in together. Great blind for the price JMO!!!!
jbshunter

Previous

Return to Ground Blinds Forum