bow blinds

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

bow blinds

Postby mrlongbeard » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 am

Has anyone got a bow blind? Are they collapsable? Im thinking about getting or making one,i have seen on a show and on internet. I think they would come in handy if u had to get out of blind and try to cut some birds off,other than that they might be to bulky to tote around the woods with :?:
mrlongbeard

Re: bow blinds

Postby oklongbeard » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:51 am

Just buy a Double Bull Darkhorse....... Alittle expensive but its well worth it!! It comes with a carry bag with backback straps and a place to hook your bow to it so you wont have to carry it, as well as a place to put your seat. It takes under a minute to set up and all you have to wear is black clothing and they will never know your there.

I love mine, its not to heavy and with the pack it makes it very comfortable to carry.

Get one you wont regret it!!! It will last and last as long as you dont leave it out all season!!!
oklongbeard

Postby Nick Roehl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:42 am

oklongbeard wrote:Just buy a Double Bull Darkhorse....... Alittle expensive but its well worth it!! It comes with a carry bag with backback straps and a place to hook your bow to it so you wont have to carry it, as well as a place to put your seat. It takes under a minute to set up and all you have to wear is black clothing and they will never know your there.

I love mine, its not to heavy and with the pack it makes it very comfortable to carry.

Get one you wont regret it!!! It will last and last as long as you dont leave it out all season!!!

X2 That is what I use for turkey and deer. It's the first and last blind you will have to buy.
"Did you feel that? You're with the Deanzie now."
Nick Roehl

Postby mrlongbeard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 am

I have a double bull also but im talkin about a blind that is attached to your bow on your stabelizer
mrlongbeard

Postby oklongbeard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Why would you want one of those??
oklongbeard

Postby mrlongbeard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

For when Im not in a blind,dont know about you but I have been busted drawing my bow before.
mrlongbeard

Postby oklongbeard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

I wouldn't hunt turkeys without my ground blind. If i can't get them in range then they live another day. The running and gunnin is saved for my shotgun :D
oklongbeard

Postby mrlongbeard » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 am

I am going on a bow hunting trip in nw neb.,never hunted there but from what I hear the terrian is not easy,so packing a blind every where I go might get old. If it takes runnin and gunnin I will do it,Im goin to kill something no matter the tactics. To go on a outta state trip is not cheap right now just wanting to make it worth the trip.
mrlongbeard

Postby oklongbeard » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 am

I see..... Just my 2 cents, but if I were going on an out of state hunt to an area I had never been before and I wanted to kill something no matter what, I would use a gun. Granted you could use shotguns. But to each is there own I guess. Hope you get one :D
oklongbeard

Postby DocHolladay » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I dont know if I would worry about something like that. If you set up right, you can kill a turkey with a bow in Nebraska. They make some leafy wrap that you can put on the riser and limbs that looks pretty good. You will need to try and time your draw to where the turkey has his butt to you or hopefully there is some brush blocking you. I would also take my shotgun as a last resort. It is nice to kill one with a bow, but its harder to swallow a tag.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Next

Return to Ground Blinds Forum