Dave Smith Decoys

A forum to discuss the newest turkey decoys and techniques.

Re: Dave Smith Decoys

Postby vt.honker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 am

dsm16428 wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:I have a DSD, its rarely used. Catch it just right, it will make you do a double take in the field.. . I posted the new cherokee decoy that runs 40 bucks. To me it looks real close to DSD.

That would be the new "Transformer" right? I was looking at it today. Lots of detail especially in the head which is right on par with Cherokee Sports anyways, but a big step up in the body dept. Might just have to pick one up this spring...

:) Just wondering DSM ,did you kill the BOSS HOG tom over the new Transformer deek :?: :?: I ordered one which WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN RECEIVED :evil: ...deek was not painted as pictured on the box ....legs were both missing...tom beard was also missing :twisted: .I ended up repainting the deek as a hen and had 2 real hens (two seperate events)peck and wing-slap the deek ...FUN TO WATCH AT 10 YARDS :lol: :lol: !!
So many turkeys,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker

Postby Box Call » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:21 pm

I have two and they look just like the real thing and well worth the cost. The only thing I don't like is transporting them as they are bulky and if you have a couple with your other gear it gets awkward in the dark.
Never, never, never give up. - Winston Churchill
Box Call

Postby don novicki » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:04 pm

I got a hen a couple of years ago. Waste of 135.00 IMO. Sure it looks great but do you need it? Not really..........
don novicki

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:35 am

vt.honker wrote:
dsm16428 wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:I have a DSD, its rarely used. Catch it just right, it will make you do a double take in the field.. . I posted the new cherokee decoy that runs 40 bucks. To me it looks real close to DSD.

That would be the new "Transformer" right? I was looking at it today. Lots of detail especially in the head which is right on par with Cherokee Sports anyways, but a big step up in the body dept. Might just have to pick one up this spring...

:) Just wondering DSM ,did you kill the BOSS HOG tom over the new Transformer deek :?: :?: I ordered one which WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN RECEIVED :evil: ...deek was not painted as pictured on the box ....legs were both missing...tom beard was also missing :twisted: .I ended up repainting the deek as a hen and had 2 real hens (two seperate events)peck and wing-slap the deek ...FUN TO WATCH AT 10 YARDS :lol: :lol: !!

Heck no! Shot him as he strutted and spit and drummed for my Primos P.H.D. blow up hen decoy and my Carrylite Sneaky Pete 1/4 strut/submissive decoy. :banger:
Big Al's "Take-em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

No matter what you do in the turkey woods, if you sit down wrong...you've already been beaten.

Putting out "light bulbs" since 1984.
dsm16428
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Decoy Forum