Anyone Try?

A place to share turkey recipes.

Anyone Try?

Postby Limbhanger » Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Doing a Jalapeno and Creme cheese turkey popper wrapped in bacon? I do this with ducks and its my favorite way to eat them. Gonna try it tomorrow after work with my turkey breast. Will probably have to cook it just a fuzz longer to completely cook the turkey. I have high hopes for this one. Will report back how it goes.
Limbhanger

Re: Anyone Try?

Postby Nick Roehl » Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 pm

That method is always good. With turkey I marinade it in Lawry's garlic and herb for at least 24 hours. Then I wrap it with thick cut bacon and grill it on low/med low.
One more marinade I use a lot is mixing honey, minced garlic, and soy sauce. This is excellent with turkey, pheasant, and chicken. And you can always wrap it in bacon if you want before you grill it.
Then quite often I just season up the breasts brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil to start so the seasoning sticks. Then while cooking I brush them with minced garlic and melted butter.
Damn I am hungry now!
"Did you feel that? You're with the Deanzie now."
Nick Roehl

Postby Limbhanger » Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Made up a dozen of them tonight. They were the bomb. Will definitely do that again....soon
Limbhanger

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Do it with ducks and geese but never with turkey. Will have to try it next year. Hopefully I will get one next season.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Return to Turkey Recipes & Tips for Cooking