In need of bow information for new bow.

A place to talk about all your bow hunting tips, tactics, and questions.

In need of bow information for new bow.

Postby oklongbeard » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Im in the market for a new bow. Im looking at mathews monster, hoyt vector turbo, and hoyt carbon matrix. I know all the hype about the brace height and ya ya ya. I don't care about a little shock as long as its not a ton. Im looking mostly for long range shots 60-70 yards. Mostly around 60. I want the shot to be pretty flat till around 30 or 40. So anyone have any experience with any of these bows. I shoot with a 28.5 inch draw and I'm looking to get 70+ pound pull. Ill go up to 80 pound pull 8-) I want speed speed speed speed speed speed speed.......... I just want my arrow to fly at super sonic speeds and kill antelope like crazy!!!!!!

and don't even think about mentioning pse..............
oklongbeard

Re: In need of bow information for new bow.

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

I've shot Mathews for years now. LOVE EM!!!! Never shot a Monster but a lot of people really seem to like it. I have no experience with Hoyt bows but I'm sure they are ok. Did I mention I like Mathews bows? I guess thats my answer to your question. :mrgreen:
You can't kill em sittin on the couch
carolinagreenhead
Site Admin

Postby oklongbeard » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I agree with you greenhead. Ive shot a Mathews Outback for six or seven years now. I loved it. The only reason I'm even thinking about a hoyt is because a guy in our antelope camp shot a hoyt and it was the flattest shooting bow i had ever seen out to 60. My Outback cringes at the sight of 45 yards lol. Needless to say I'm looking for speed and flat shooting.
oklongbeard

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:07 pm

The Outback was not one of Mathews better bows. The Monster is more than capable at 60 yds and beyond. The most of it is up to the shooter. The best thing to do is to shoot them both and judge for yourself. I shoot the Z7 and I love it.
carolinagreenhead
Site Admin

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

The Monster is nothing more than a rather poorly hidden copy of the PSE Bow Madness bow that is looks so much like. I would look really hard at the new line up of BowTech spped bows. I shot the Assassin and I was suprised how completely and utterly shock free that bow was, puting out a 400 grain arrow and almost 300 fps at 63 pounds! :o I am not impressed easilly by a bow and that bow floored me.
Big Al's "Take-em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

No matter what you do in the turkey woods, if you sit down wrong...you've already been beaten.

Putting out "light bulbs" since 1984.
dsm16428
Forum Moderator

Postby oklongbeard » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 am

Ive thought about bowtech but i don't know of anywhere around my area that sells them...... Do they run around the same price as Hoyt or Mathews?
oklongbeard

Postby oklongbeard » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 am

I went to my local pro shop and they put three bows in my hands. The first one was the PSE revenge, it shot nice with hardly any hand jump however its draw was irritating because of an extra hitch in the cam about half way through. The next bow was the Hoyt Alpha Burner, it was HEAVY and didn't even shoot it. The last bow was the Mathews Helium. Boy, i felt absolutely NO hand shock and it had a smooth and sweet draw about it. They said the z7 extreme shot about the same and i know the z7 will have the range i want cause my cousin owns one. They also said that the Mathews Monster was a POS. They said they had the cable bust off the cams a lot.

Although i didn't shoot the Hoyt Vector Turbo, i was impressed with the helium, heck i was even impressed with the PSE. But I'm now thinking about the helium or the z7 extreme. :mrgreen:
oklongbeard

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:19 pm

I told you, shoot a Mathews. Nuff said. :mrgreen:
carolinagreenhead
Site Admin

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:32 am

PSE are great bows! :D
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

I‘ m looking for a good hunting camera .

Postby Doris » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:09 am

The New Year soon coming, I am Looking for a Hunting Camera for my friend Max as a gift. He like Hunting, but he never tried hunting with any camera. I would like a Hunting Camera with easy operation as Max is 68 years old. I got to know a Camera of Bestok, 120 degree Len, with 12 betteries.... Have any know that? Need more information.
:cheers:
Doris

Next

Return to Bow Hunting Forum