ground blind hunt'n

A place to ask questions and share information on ground blinds.

ground blind hunt'n

Postby 2eagles » Tue May 14, 2013 5:47 am

Up till this year, I'd never killed a darn thing while sitting in a ground blind. This year I wanted to change the score. I found a Primos Double Bull gunhunter blind at a very good price a year ago and bought one. It's light and easy to set up and just enough room for one guy to hunt in. I learned that in a good area to set it up and play a waiting game for the turkeys. I like to chase gobbles through the timber as much as the next guy, but when the birds are silent, waiting works. I take snacks and sometimes my e-reader and wait. I learned the birds move around pretty much all day long. These blinds are on-line for 90 bucks if you look around a little.

This year I found a great price on the new Primos Double Wide Double Bull and bought one thinking about hunting with my bow next year. While it's heavier, I'll still be able to carry it to my spots.
(This isn't spam and I'm only mentioning Primos by name because I like these two blinds.)
from one scarred hand to the other
2eagles

Re: ground blind hunt'n

Postby BigAL64 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:45 pm

They are well made blinds! if I hunted out of them I would have one of those.
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby DocHolladay » Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 pm

It will take you about 47(pretty close guess) attempts to get it to open quickly like they do in the video. I have had my Double Bull Dark Horse for 2 years now and am just now getting to where I can open it like they do in the video. I found a way to open it easy, but the way they do it in the video is quicker once you have it down pat. :thumbsup:
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby Ms Turkey Hunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:56 pm

I have one of the chair blinds that I use quite a good bit,but have been looking into getting a some what bigger blind
it's not the harvest....it's the chase
Ms Turkey Hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:35 am

Had a double Bull set up this past fall in a parch of hardwoods.... Only used it on rainy days... Had a group of gobblers slip thru,at 6-10 yards the days I was there!!!! A ground blind set up in the right spot is a wonderful thing.... :banana:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Chasin Feathers....the sporting life!
Share your passion,take a kid hunting!
Waterfowl USA
NWTF
cut_un
Super Moderator

Return to Ground Blinds Forum