in a crock pot

A place to share turkey recipes.

in a crock pot

Postby 2eagles » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm

I've found my crock pot to be a great tool for cooking wild game. I really enjoy slow cooking goose and turkey breast. Early in the morning, I'll put the meat in the crock pot and cover with a broth of Wylers instant boulion. Beef for goose and chicken for turkey. I'll add onion pieces, salt, pepper and what ever else looks good. Then let it cook all day.
Possabilities are endless when the meat is done, but we like to make a hot "beef" or hot turkey sandwhiches with mashed potatoes and gravey. Left overs are great when BBQ sauce is added and put on a bun.
The pics are of goose, so use your imagination and picture turkey.

from one scarred hand to the other
2eagles

Re: in a crock pot

Postby BigAL64 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok THANKS!!! now I'm hungry!! :P
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby DocHolladay » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

my sammich would look different than yours. It would be gravy, bread, gravy, meat, gravy, mashed taters, gravy, bread, gravy..... maybe a little bacon on top..lol.
New Signature Loading...... 25% Complete...
DocHolladay

Postby vt.honker » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:38 am

2eagles wrote:I've found my crock pot to be a great tool for cooking wild game. I really enjoy slow cooking goose and turkey breast. Early in the morning, I'll put the meat in the crock pot and cover with a broth of Wylers instant boulion. Beef for goose and chicken for turkey. I'll add onion pieces, salt, pepper and what ever else looks good. Then let it cook all day.
Possabilities are endless when the meat is done, but we like to make a hot "beef" or hot turkey sandwhiches with mashed potatoes and gravey. Left overs are great when BBQ sauce is added and put on a bun.
The pics are of goose, so use your imagination and picture turkey.

:) Try this one sometime ;) :put FROZEN goose breast pieces(cubed) into the crock pot and then add 1 can of Campbells`Cream of Celery soup + can of French Onion soup + can of Golden Mushroom soup....NO WATER just contents of 3 cans of soup.Set on low and go hunting for 8 hrs.When you get back home,boil some water and pop in a bag of wild or brown rice.Serve the goose with the rice and use the "blended" soups over meat/rice...QUICK AND SIMPLE .Oh,Doc H...GOOD NEWS ...recipe makes LOTS OF GOOD GRAVY too...ENJOY...damn I`m hungry now :lol: :lol: !!
So many turkeys,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker

!

Postby BigAL64 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:14 am

Gonna have to get some out of the freezer now! :mrgreen:
Shoot em in the face!!
BigAL64

Postby 2eagles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 am

We had vt.honker's goose/3cans of soup on rice last night - was pretty good. I'll be having the leftovers for lunch today. :thumbsup:
from one scarred hand to the other
2eagles

Postby vt.honker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

2eagles wrote:We had vt.honker's goose/3cans of soup on rice last night - was pretty good. I'll be having the leftovers for lunch today. :thumbsup:

:uhha: :yes: :thumbsup:
So many turkeys,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker

Return to Turkey Recipes & Tips for Cooking